Why choose me for your celebrant?
I love my work. Having moved to the Top End in 2007 after ten years establishing my celebrancy career in Melbourne, I am passionate about creating the perfect ceremony to celebrate each of life’s transitions.
Whether traditional or unusual, large or small, spiritual or down-to-basics, I will do everything in my power to ensure that your ceremony is meaningful, memorable and perfect.
This is your one chance to make a public statement, so my role is to make sure it’s exactly what you want. Over a series of meetings I will create your ceremony and you will have full editorial control over its content and presentation.
What’s different about my process?
- Our first two meetings are spent discussing what you would like your ceremony to involve
- I write your ceremony especially for you, based on the information you give me
- You have full editorial control over the ceremony content
- You are entitled to unlimited meetings and an on-site rehearsal
- We work at the right pace for you
- You can include whoever you wish in the ceremony
- I provide you with all of my resources, and as much guidance as you need or want
- I am happy to travel to your chosen ceremony location, including interstate if necessary
- Your ceremony is as important to me as it is to you
- The creation of each unique ceremony requires, on average, around 25 hours of my time.
- I will not forget your names
- I will work with your other professionals to ensure everything runs smoothly
- I will supply a portable PA system with cd player, ipod and mp3 player capacity, three microphones and stands, if needed
- I can provide you with a wide range of suggestions to help you save hundreds of dollars on your ceremony
- I will do everything in my power to make your ceremony one of the best experiences of your life
If you’re getting married, there are only a couple of elements which we are legally obliged to include and the remainder is very flexible, so we can enjoy creating a ceremony which is truly reflective of you and your relationship.
For all ceremonies, I will provide you with an extensive variety of options, resources and guidance, as needed, in order to create a ceremony which everyone will love.
You are entitled to unlimited meetings, phone calls and email contact. I know that arranging a ceremony can require a great deal of your time, so our meetings will be held in your home or at a mutually convenient location. I have met clients in cafes, bars, restaurants, on beaches and in their workplace, just to name a few locations. You decide!
During my time as a celebrant, I have studied extensively in order to create your unique ceremony. I graduated from the International College of Celebrancy where I was awarded Diplomas in Marriage, General and Funeral Celebrancy, achieving a High Distinction average, and I continue to undertake further research into celebrancy.
In 1995 I graduated from Monash University with a BA (Hons) in Anthropology and Sociology, a degree which focused on rites and rituals in a variety of cultures and which led to me choosing celebrancy as a career.
Should I be unable to attend your ceremony, due to serious illness or any other reason beyond my control, I will arrange for a professional, experienced and appropriate replacement celebrant to present your unique ceremony, at no additional charge.